We are in need of volunteers for Saturday, November 16th, at the War Memorial Center for Veterans Honor Day. Unlike in the past, there is no parade. All events will occur at the War Memorial Center and at Potawatomi Casino. WWII vets are the primary honored group. Volunteers are needed starting at 7:30am until about 1:00pm. Parking in the lower level parking lot at the War Memorial Center.
The day consists of all the Veteran groups arriving and enjoying donuts and coffee in the 3rd floor conference area. They will then come to the 1st floor for the reflecting pool memorial service at 10:45. Upon completion of the service, we will escort the various veteran groups from the War Memorial Center, 1 block down Mason Street, and assist them in boarding 10 school buses which will be in a police and Milwaukee Chapter motorcycle lead motorcade to Potawatomi Casino. Once everything is cleaned up and put away, your volunteering ends.
- Arrive at the War Memorial by 7:30am, park in the lower lot, and enter into the lower lobby. We will assemble there.
- Setting up cones for the Reflecting Pool Memorial Service and for the Honor Walk.
- Escorting the veterans from the War Memorial Center, up Mason Street (1 block), to waiting school buses on Prospect Avenue.
- Assisting them in boarding the buses.
- Putting away the cones and signage.
- Other duties as assigned.
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING !!!
The Veteran walk/ ride meeting at Harley museum at 8am. KSU at 8:30am and riding to staging area at Prospect and Mason. Flag bikes encouraged!!